As Matchmakers, we know how eager singles are to find that elusive chemistry on a first date. That said, spotting that chemistry can be difficult for some, especially because chemistry seems to look a little different for everyone. That’s why we’re here!
For some, chemistry is simply raw physical attraction. Ultimately, we see that long-lasting chemistry is the kind that is multifaceted, involving compatible physical attraction and body language, values and morals, and a personality click!
Here are some signs that there is chemistry when on a first date:
- Compliments come naturally.
- The energy is happy, and you both are easily smiling and laughing.
- Conversation flows smoothly; both of you are genuinely and actively interested in what each other has to say.
- Your date asks questions that include topics of your passions, interests, and family - they want to know more about you!
- A light touch of a hand or physical contact happens naturally or effortlessly during conversation.
- As conversation continues you both begin to lean in or move closer during your time together.
- There is verbal acknowledgement confirming that you are happy you have met.
If you are noticing any of these signs (not necessarily all of them!), make sure that you take initiative in getting together again. You feel the chemistry immediately. You both love the food at dinner. Compliments are flying. Laughter is erupting. You end the night excited to hear from them—and for the second date.
Keep in mind, singles process what happens after the first date differently, and a great first date with chemistry deserves a second date. If you are looking for a serious relationship and have chemistry, then be intentional and swift about planning a great second date. That way, not only do you learn more about each other, you also can see it if the chemistry grows.
As the air turns crisp and the streets of Chicago start to shimmer with holiday lights, Thanksgiving brings with it a unique opportunity to celebra
Mindful Tips for Introducing A New Partner Around The Holidays
It’s officially spooky season, and what better way to spend a cozy Fall evening than cuddled up close to your significant other while watching some